Thank you for your interest in the Healthy Start Coalition of Brevard.
Please email your resume’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
A program of the Healthy Start Coalition of Brevard County
Community Program Specialist
Community Connect’s mission is to link families to home visiting and axillary services through a collaborative, simplified approach. The Community Program Specialist will provide initial intakes via telephone and telephone case management services to pregnant women and families with young children. This position requires strong telephone communication skills, basic knowledge of Medicaid, pregnancy issues and home visiting.
Specific duties include:
- Works cooperatively with staff and community partners in communicating the mission, services and goals of the organizations and the CI&R system
- Ensuring compliance of contract standards and guidelines, both in-house and at the state level
- Facilitating the initial intake with women/families that need services as deemed necessary through the Healthy Start Screen, self-referrals and/or community referrals
- Explaining the options a participant has within the CI&R system of care
- Facilitating the Healthy Start self-referrals that come into the CI&R system
- Obtain and facilitate the community referrals that come into the CI&R system
- Addressing grievances and questions
- Identifying and working to resolve local problems and enrollment barriers
- Completing data entry of participant sensitive information
- Traveling throughout the county to various locations to facilitate the CI&R system; if needed
- Provides other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of local health and human service providers
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; quick learner on unfamiliar computer programs
- Ability to work flexible hours; evenings; weekends as needed
- Ability to work independently; self-directed and very motivated
- Ability to comply with Healthy Start’s confidentiality policy by maintaining the integrity of client sensitive material
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public and staff in community service organizations
At least three years of professional experience in social services, health care or related field; At least an AA degree; Professional appearance and demeanor; Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, good driving record and automobile insurance; Proficiency in computer applications; Detailed orientated, quick learner, self-motivated, and deadline oriented; Experience working with diverse communities, organizations and agencies; Preferred: Bi-Lingual, Nonprofit experience, BS/BA Degree.
Special Note: Required to push/pull up to 20 pounds occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently Involves sitting most of the time
Must clear a background check in accordance with Florida Statutes and drug test.
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Work Remotely: No
Guidelines have been developed and must be followed; to include but not limited to mask requirements in common areas, temp. checks each day, etc.