The goal of Florida’s MomCare program is to improve birth outcomes and reduce infant mortality rates through a simplified Medicaid application, guidance, education and care coordination services.
If you are pregnant, you may qualify for this special health insurance program. To see if you are eligible, review the income guidelines on the eligibility page. You can apply for this program if your family meets these guidelines, even if you or other family members are working.
Once enrolled, the program will cover medical care and hospitalization during your pregnancy. It may also cover health care bills you received up to three months before your enrollment. There is no cost for this coverage. Your baby may also be eligible for free insurance after he or she is born.
Your Maternity Care Advisor can
- Provide assistance in applying for Pregnancy Medicaid
- Help you find a doctor or midwife
- Help you enroll in WIC (Women, Infant and Children) Nutrition Program
- Help you obtain counseling or other community resources
- Discuss ways to find a doctor for your baby