MomCare is a Medicaid-funded program that provides information, referral, and assistance for pregnant women. The MomCare program is offered through the Healthy Start Coalition of Brevard County, Inc. If you are pregnant, you may qualify for this special health insurance program, Medicaid for Pregnant Women. To see if you are eligible, review the income guidelines on the eligibility page. Once enrolled, Pregnancy Medicaid will cover medical care and hospitalization during your pregnancy. It may also cover health care bills you received up to three months before your enrollment. There is no cost for this coverage and your baby may also be eligible for free insurance after he or she is born.
The MomCare program can provide assistance with the following:
- Information about applying for Pregnancy Medicaid
- Help with choosing or changing a prenatal care provider
- Information on enrolling with WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) Nutrition Program and Florida KidCare
- Help you obtain information on counseling or other community resources, such as Childbirth Education, Parenting, and Breastfeeding
- Discuss ways to find a doctor for your baby