Pregnancy is a special time to take care of yourself and your unborn baby. Attending childbirth education classes is a great way to help you and your family prepare for a positive birth experience and parenting. Even if this is not your first baby, it is still a good idea to refresh your skills and perhaps learn something new.
Childbirth education classes provide a good opportunity to:
- Meet other expectant moms who share common concerns and excitement
- Get your partner involved in your pregnancy and the birth of your baby
- Ask questions
- Reduce your anxiety about childbirth
- Practice relaxation and comfort techniques for labor
- Learn about the labor and birth process
Childbirth education classes are offered at various locations throughout the community. Ask your prenatal care provider about classes that may be offered near you.