Call the Doctor if… your baby appears sick or starts to act differently to you. It is best to have your baby checked or to receive the advice of the doctor.
Signs that your baby may be ill include:
- Does not feed as well as normal.
- Has frequent, watery stools. Expect bowel movements that are formed and yellow to brown color, after feedings or every day.
- Does not pass as much urine as usual. Usually babies wet their diapers almost hourly.
- Cries more than usual, appears irritable, or refuses to sleep.
- Does not seem as active as usual or difficult to wake.
- Has trouble breathing (breathes faster/harder, draws in chest muscles with breaths or noisy breathing).
- Has a fever. Call the doctor if temperature is 100 F or higher.
- Color appears pale, bluish or marbled looking.
Links to information about specific problems:
We’ve gathered resources and general information designed to help you understand aspects of health related to you before, during, and after pregnancy and general information all about baby care.
Pregnancy & Mother Care
Because every pregnancy is different, always talk to your health care provider about what is right for you before, during, and after your pregnancy.
Always talk to your doctors and health care professionals in any emergency situation. When in doubt, call your health care provider.