Many new moms feel sad, frustrated or overwhelmed in the first few weeks after childbirth. These feelings can be normal and are often related to hormonal changes that take place after birth. The following suggestions can help:
- If you are worried about your baby, don’t hesitate to call your baby’s health care provider. You deserve to have peace of mind.
- Get as much rest as possible. Nap or rest while your baby is sleeping.
- Take time out for yourself every day. Even a few minutes can help.
- Talk to a friend or family member about how you feel.
- Let someone else do the cooking and cleaning.
- Have fun with your baby: take your baby for a walk; sing to your baby; read to your baby.