Thank you for your interest in the Healthy Start Coalition of Brevard.
Please email your Resume’ to: email@example.com
Healthy Start Coalition of Brevard County
Community Program Specialist
The Community Program Specialist will work collaboratively with participating agency representatives to develop and implement a Coordinated Intake & Referral (CI&R) system to serve at-risk families in Brevard County. The Community Program Specialist will perform all aspects of the CI&R system. The CI&R system will utilize the Healthy Start Risk Screen Tool and self-referrals. The Community Program Specialist will report to the Contract Manager.
Specific duties include:
Works cooperatively with Coalition members, staff and community partners in communicating the mission, services and goals of the organizations and the CI&R system.
- Ensuring compliance of contract standards and guidelines, both in-house and at the state level
- Facilitating the initial contact with women/families that need services as deemed necessary through the Healthy Start Screen, self-referrals and/or community referrals
- Explaining the options a participant has within the CI&R system of care
- Facilitating the Healthy Start self-referrals that come into the CI&R system
- Obtain and facilitate the community referrals that come into the CI&R system
- Addressing grievances and questions
- Identifying and working to resolve local problems and enrollment barriers
- Completing data entry of participant sensitive information
- Traveling throughout the county to various locations to facilitate the CI&R system
- Provides other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of local health and human service providers
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; quick learner on unfamiliar computer programs
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to work independently; self-directed and very motivated
- Ability to comply with Healthy Start’s confidentiality policy by maintaining the integrity of client sensitive material
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public and staff in community service organizations
At least five years of professional experience in social services, health care or related field; professional appearance and demeanor; reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, good driving record and automobile insurance; proficiency in computer applications; detailed orientated, quick learner, self-motivated, and deadline oriented; experience working with diverse communities, organizations and agencies; Nonprofit experience preferred; some experience preferred; College: minimum AA degree required.
- Required to push/pull up to 20 pounds occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently
- Involves sitting most of the time
- Must clear background screening and drug test